cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gunjan_raizada
Level 3

Unable to minor Upgrade having Merge module Jre with Dynamic Linking

Hello,

I have Basic Msi project which contains Jre as Merge Module. In previous release in Jre Merge module i have done done dynamic linking addressing folder of Jre 1.7 _55 (which is around 123mb)
Now in next release i am using Jre1.8_11 (125mb) binaries. Obviously there are lot of changes in the previous Jre 1.7 and Jre 1.8 , some files and folders are removed and modified etc.
So this time, same structure, component i am using in merge module and basic msi. This time Dynamic linking is adressing to Jre1.8_11.
But Minor Upgrade of Basic Msi is not working at all. It is not updating any file from Jre 1.7_55 to Jre 1.8_11.
Has anybody used Jre merge module or faced this problem then pls let me know the solution.

Thanks
Gunjan
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
tjohnson1
Technical Writer
Technical Writer

You can try using the Previous Package filed on the Build tab of your Release (http://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/installshield21helplib/installshield21helplib.htm#StartTopic=helplibrary/ReleaseGridBuildTab.htm). This should help resolve the broken component rules caused by the updated JRE.
0 Kudos