cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bchurch
Level 2

Unable to activiate InstallShieldLE

I have VS2010 Pro installed on a Windows 7 x64 appliance running under VMWare. I downloaded and installed InstallShieldLE. However when I double click the InstallShield Template on VS2010 and try to create a project, it fails.

I never got any request for activation when I double clicked on the template. I looked in the forums for InstallShieldLE and found a reference to running TSConfig.exe manually. I ran this and from what I saw, the activation was successful. However all attempts to create a new deployment project still fail.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
bharath_k_s
Level 7

Hello Bchurch,

Could you kindly let us know if you have installed Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 SP1?

Also could you kindly let us know the error message which you are encountering when creating the Project?

Could you kindly provide us a screen shot of the same when the Project Creation fails?

Thanks,
Bharath
0 Kudos
mezzick31
Level 2

I don't know if this has already been answered, but I am having the exact same problem. Sometimes I get the activation prompt, sometimes I don't. When I do, I have my license, and it says the product is activated. Then when the project is created, i get a message at the bottom of my VS window that says Creating Setup1.....Project Creation Failed. I don't get any other error message than that. Any ideas?
0 Kudos
Keerthana
Level 8

Hi,

I would like to know a few things regarding this issue that would help me debug the issue further.

Could you please confirm if you have administrative privileges and also Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 SP1 installed on your machine.

I also would like to know the steps that you follow which causes the particular issue that will help me replicate the issue in house. Kindly share a screebnshot of the error that you encounter.

Please let me know on these lines and we would be able to proceed further.
0 Kudos
mezzick31
Level 2

I do have Admin Privileges and VS 2010 SP1 installed.

The steps I follow are

1. Open VS 2010.
2. File - New Project - Setup and Deployment - InstallShield LE Setup Project.
3. Here I get the activation pop-up.
4. I input my license code.
5. It says Activated, the pop-up closes.
6. In the lower left hand corner of the window, it says "Creating project Setup1.....Project Creation Failed.

There are no error messages, no pop-ups saying why the project will not create. The file folder is created in the selected directory, but it is empty.
0 Kudos
Keerthana
Level 8

Hi,

I would like you to try re- installing ISLE on your machine and use the serial key that I have sent to you private messages to activate your product. Please try this and let me know if it helps.
0 Kudos