cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flitskikker
Level 4

URGENT: Changing MSI filename of a Merge Module

Hi,

I'm having trouble adding a VC++ 2010 CRT Merge Module to my IS 2010 project.
As our Product Name (GTA IV: San Andreas) has a colon ( : ) in it, it fails to build the MSI of the Merge Module, because it tries to build it using the Product Name:

E:\InstallShield 2010 Projects\GTA IV San Andreas\Media\Release Separated\Disk Images\MsiStub\{325CA968-C1FB-4A46-8BEE-DB7041738788}\GTA IV: San Andreas.msi

And since filenames don't support colons, it throws up an error.
The install folder and such have all been changed to "GTA IV San Andreas".

How can I specify a different name for the MSI file to be included in the build?
I don't want to change the Product Name, as there are too much dependencies on this, also outside the InstallShield project.

(Sorry for the urgency, but this product is due asap)

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Martijn van Berkel
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

I would not suggest avoiding the merge module holder object in InstallScript projects. Instead either use LaunchApplication (or related) to install the vcredist executable package, or if you think the ref counts are better handled when this is installed via merge module, create a Basic MSI that consumes the merge module, and install/uninstall that msi during installation and uninstallation.
0 Kudos
Flitskikker
Level 4

Thanks for your reply!
I made the DLL files that were required install to the application folder. Since the application that needed the runtime searches for the DLL file in the current folder first, this method works.

Kind regards,
Martijn van Berkel
0 Kudos