cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
McBarney
Level 3

Try & Die not extending

Hi

I am using Installshield 2008 Premier Edition and have set up a try and die licence which I want to extend if the users wishes, my settings are shown in the attached image.

When I test my installation it correctly comes up with the trialware dialog but when it time limit runs out it just says your trial has expired, it doesn't allow me to enter the serial number so I can extend it.

What am I doing wrong? I have tried this on several computer and even two different software installations which we want to create evaluation version for but I get the same problem.

Thanks

Kevin
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
Mike_Marino
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Can you tell me how you are testing the expiration of the product?

For example, are you:

1. Running the application.
2. Closing application.
3. Moving clock forward 15 days
4. Running application, see it has expired, and trying to extend fails?

My concern is step 3 above. If you move the clock forward 30 days, for example, the trial period and the extension period (which is 14 days from the end of the trial period) have expired and you will not be able to extend.
0 Kudos
McBarney
Level 3

Thank you for your very quick reply.

I was initially testing it by moving the date forward however I then changed the type of licence to a "Uses" instead of "Days" and just executed the software the set number of times but I still didn't get the extend dialog when it has expired.
0 Kudos
Mike_Marino
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

How far did you move the date forward?
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

McBarney,

As a sanity check: Did you try clicking the icon in the upper-left corner of the dialog that says the trial expired? When you do that, you should see the Sales Support command. If you select that command, the next dialog prompts for the serial number.

See the following help topic for a sample screen shot:
http://helpnet.macrovision.com/Robo/BIN/Robo.dll?tpc=/robo/projects/installshield14helplib/TryDieDialog_Expired.htm

Debbie Landers
Macrovision Corporation
0 Kudos
McBarney
Level 3

Opps

Thanks Debbie, it does work correctly but it really isn't clear that you have to choose this option to extend the trial, I assumed that the Finish would change to a next but then I suppose anyone could extend the trial.

Thanks again and sorry for posting when I should have searched current posts a bit more.

Kevin
0 Kudos