cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bpo
Level 2

Troubles with after setup completes custom action

Hello,

I need to run a .exe file the installer installed in my application folder at the end of setup. This is intended to adjust installed application directory grants. I use LE 2014 and VS 2012 Ultimate.

Then I created a custom action :

- type : after setup completes success dialog
- source location : installed with the product
- file name : I browse to [INSTALLDIR]GrantRights.Primary output (a C# program which asks for rights elevation when run)
- command line : blank
- wait for action : yes, I also tried no
- ignore exit code : yes
- comments : blanks
- conditions : no conditions

With this setup my GrantRights.exe executable is't run. I've checked its dependencies and existence in installation directory.

Then for "fun" I placed a copy of GrantRights.exe in my Windows user profile (where it works well too) and setup the following action instead:

- source location : file exists on target computer
- file location: [PersonalFolder]
- file name and command line : GrantRights.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\MyApp"
- wait for action : yes
- ignore exit code : yes
- comments : blanks
- conditions : no conditions

IS project doesn't compile, with following error. I'm clueless about this. Why does it compute such a path?

Error 118 -1024: File C:\Program Files (x86)\MyApp\GrantRights.exe not found. Cannot stream the file into the Binary table ISEXP : error : -1024: File C:\Program Files (x86)\MyApp\GrantRights.exe not found. Cannot stream the file into the Binary table

Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
NameTooShort
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hi bpo,

I am not sure the error is from the second custom action you created.
If you remove it from the project, do you still get the error?

Also, are you launching the setup with elevated privilege?
0 Kudos
bpo
Level 2

Hi,

You're right, as I found out, I need to add eleveated privileges request to the final executable I've packaged, because my executable requires them. Just for my infomation, can IS manage this parameter in a commercial edition ? In my case I had to right-click setup.exe and check a checkbox.
0 Kudos