cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
parameswari_s
Level 3

To set the Background color and set background image in Interior dialogs

Hi,

We are currently using Install shield Spring express Evaluation version , we planned to buy the product by next week. We are testing the screen, whether it fulfills for our installation requirements.
We have completed few settings and Screen designs using ORCA settings. But still not able to do some changes in the Installation screens. In our product set up we concentrate more on Installation screens look and feel.

Below are the changes we need to do :

1. Need to change all the Screen background to some other color instead of
the default grey color.

2. I need to set background image for the Interior dialogs other than banner.

3. As soon as we lauch the setup, before welcome screen, we are viewing a
screen called Setup Initialization screen . How to hide that screen? Tried hiding it using ORCA but unable to hide it. Please help us

Please guide us to accomplish the above mentioned requirement .
Waiting for your valuable reply
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

1. Need to change all the Screen background to some other color instead of the default grey color.

Please refer to this thread.

The Premier and Professional editions of InstallShield include a dialog editor that let you add dialog controls, but the Express edition does not.

3. As soon as we lauch the setup, before welcome screen, we are viewing a screen called Setup Initialization screen . How to hide that screen?

The /s switch of Setup.exe command line should hide the Setup Initialization screen. See the Setup.exe and Update.exe Command-Line Parameters help topic for more information.

Hope that helps.
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

About this:

Maybe this would help?
Bitmap Images in Dialogs
0 Kudos
parameswari_s
Level 3

Hi,

Can I hide the Initialization screen using ORCA settings, I do not want to hide that screen using parameter.

Thanks,
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

No, there is no setting in Orca that would somehow hide the initialization dialog. The Setup.exe file, not Windows Installer, displays the initialization dialog. The only way to suppress that dialog is to use the /s command-line parameter.
0 Kudos
parameswari_s
Level 3

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, we are editing the set up using Orca like setting Dialog box size, relocating the cancel,back and Next buttons - according to the screen size.
When I do this, I am not able to view all the controls in the screen at initial state. It takes some time to load the design ,for example buttons are not viewable until I select I agree in License Agreement dialog and soon..

What is the issue in our case, it works fine before doing orca settings. Please suggest me.

Thanks,
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

If you want to be able to edit the dialogs in your installation, you may want to consider the Professional edition of InstallShield. It includes a built-in dialog editor that lets you move the buttons, add custom dialogs and new controls, and more. The Express edition does not have support for doing this sort of dialog editing.
0 Kudos