cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

To place our license file at installshield 2009

Hi all,
We need to place the license file at the installshield to let user accept our license when they installing.
The problem is the at the first time to create the install project, it is able to select the path of our license file. However, when we close the new project and reopen it again, the install project for selecting the license is being disabled and no license text file is displayed, and thus customer do not need to accept our license during installation. Does anyone know what's wrong with our project and how can we fix this?
Thanks!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
Lurean
Level 8

go to the project assistant "intall Interview" tab and look to make sure you have the "Yes" option selected for the "do you want to display a license agreement dialog?" question.

If you have the "No" selected then the browse selector will be disabled.
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Is there a way to add a license agreement to Installscript MSI projects? I only see the Installation Interview tab when I create a Basic MSI project.
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Same question here!
No "intall Interview" tab in the Installscript MSI projects!
0 Kudos
Not applicable

In my Installscript MSI projects I added the license file to the
"Support Files/Billboards -> Billboards -> language independent"
list with name bbrd1 and then in the script I did this:

szLicenseFile = SUPPORTDIR ^ "bbrd1";
nResult = SdLicense2Rtf( szTitle, szOpt1, szOpt2, szLicenseFile, bLicenseAccepted );

Is this the correct method?

Thanks
Matteo
0 Kudos
girishkatti123
Level 7

yes its the correct way to add license file. I am using the same approach.
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

Note that a simpler approach would be to not change license file name and add the file in Support Files | Language Independent or in a specific language node in the Support Files view (if you are using a multi-language project and need language specific license agreements). Then, the original filename can be used from script when calling one of the license agreement dialogs.
0 Kudos