cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidBowman
Level 2

Third party installs

I have been asked to create an install that will install the following third party apps:

adobe reader, shockwave, flash, as well as an nvidia physx install.

I first approached this putting each install into a prerequisite of its own and saving it. I then added them to my install, which BTW installs nothing, and built it. This appears to work fine, but does not compress up into a single exec like i would want. it has a prerequisite directory on the CD that it starts the third party installs from.

I would like to get opinions or thoughts on other ways to approach this. Any help would be appreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
SherylSikora
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

In the Releases view, on the "Setup.exe" tab you will find an option called "InstallShield Prerequisites Location". You can set that to "Extract From Setup.exe" and the prereqs will be streamed your setup.exe file.
(If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
0 Kudos
DavidBowman
Level 2

the extract from setup.exe option was not listed for me...I am using a installscript project which should have given me that option. Anyway, that is not what matters.

After searching and thinking about this, the prerequisite design seems to be the easiest to deal with.

The only other method that I could think of was to create a custom action that started an exe after copying to the target system.

Does anyone know of another method/design that would work that is easy to setup??
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

In a pure InstallScript project, try selecting the Include with Media option in the InstallShield Prerequisites Location setting. I think you may also need to specify the name of your Setup.exe file in the Single .exe File Name setting (also on the Setup.exe tab). If you do that, InstallShield generates a single file as your release, and all of the InstallShield prerequisites would be compressed into it.
0 Kudos