cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
x96malicki
Level 3

There is no "installscript" tab in create new project

Hi:

I am brand new to the software (2009 Professional). I am attempting to complete the first installscript tutorial, but I am stuck at the first step. It says I should open the new project dialog box, and then select the installscript tab. However, I do not have an installscript tab available...all I have are Windows Installer, Mobile, and All Types. Has anyone ever encountered this before, and if so, how do I repair it?

Thanks
Matt
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

It sounds like you are using the Express edition of InstallShield. The Express edition does not have support for InstallScript projects. You would need the Premier or Professional edition of InstallShield in order to create an InstallScript project.
0 Kudos
x96malicki
Level 3

DebbieL wrote:
It sounds like you are using the Express edition of InstallShield. The Express edition does not have support for InstallScript projects. You would need the Premier or Professional edition of InstallShield in order to create an InstallScript project.

Hello:

Thank you for the prompt reply. According to the About Installshield dialog box, I have "InstallShield 2009 Professional - AdminStudio Edition". Not sure if the AdminStudio Edition has something to do with it. FYI, it's "AdminStudio Standard Edition"

Thanks again
Matt
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

Ah, got it. In the AdminStudio version of InstallShield, the InstallScript project type is hidden by default. I think there's a setting on the Options dialog box (On the Tools menu, click Options) somewhere that lets you make that project type available.
0 Kudos
x96malicki
Level 3

x96malicki wrote:
Hello:

Thank you for the prompt reply. According to the About Installshield dialog box, I have "InstallShield 2009 Professional - AdminStudio Edition". Not sure if the AdminStudio Edition has something to do with it. FYI, it's "AdminStudio Standard Edition"

Thanks again
Matt

Ah, that got it. For future reference, it's options, user interface, "show installscript project types".

Thanks again DebbieL...I award you 1 internet. 🙂

Thanks
Matt
0 Kudos