cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
duandcwpkt
Level 3

The location of StarMenu

After install my product on Vista, I found the start menu shortcut is located at C:\Users\duandcwpkt\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\MyProduct. But I want it to be C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\MyProduct, how should I do in the installshield? somebody can help me?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
ElenaN
Level 6

You should set ALLUSERS property to 2

ALLUSERS=2
0 Kudos
TheTraveler
Level 8

If you are using Install Shield Script, I believe using ProgDefGroupType will work.

// PERSONAL -- Specifies a Personal program group.
ProgDefGroupType(PERSONAL);

// COMMON-- Specifies a Common program group.
ProgDefGroupType(COMMON);
0 Kudos
duandcwpkt
Level 3

I change ALLUSERS to 1 and 2, it all doesn't work. Is there any other system variables which should be changed?
0 Kudos
ElenaN
Level 6

ALLUSERS isn’t system variable. It’s a property inside your installation project/package.

To set it you can use Property Manager of InstallShield’s IDE or pass it to the setup as a parameter

http://kb.acresso.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=Q105063&sliceId=
0 Kudos
duandcwpkt
Level 3

OK. It is property.
I set it to be 1 and 2 in the property manager, it also doesn't work. I also follow the link, but the instrucment doesn't contribute anything to my problem.
0 Kudos
ElenaN
Level 6

Hm, weird… Because it works for me.
Maybe the difference is that my setup.exe has "requireAdministrator" requestedExecutionLevel
0 Kudos