cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrichmond
Level 3

Text File Changes - Modify

Hello, I am using the new "Text File Changes" feature in IS2010 to search and replace a connection string in my application config file. This works great on initial install. However, when the user modifies the installation (which allows them to change the connection string), the search and replace actions do not fire. I have even tried uninstalling and installing the component associated with the text file change, but no luck. It simply does not seem to run on Modify.

In the custom action installation sequence, I noticed there is an entry for ISSearchReplaceInstall, and the condition is blank. Doesn't this mean it will always fire, even on patch or repair? Or could it be an issue that this is only run on install.

Thanks for your help!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
hidenori
Level 17

The Modify mode is designed to change the feature states as to install features that were not previously installed, or to uninstall features that were previously installed. If you would like to reinstall the feature containing your configuration components, you need to use the Reinstall ControlEvent or REINSTALL property. If the feature is too large, you may want to break it up to have a smaller feature only containing the components that you want to reinstall. You may also want to make the feature invisible so that your end users will not be able to uninstall it during the maintenance mode.
0 Kudos