cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pmatlock
Level 6

Test XML File Install Changes

Has anyone been able to successfully use this tool in an InstallScriptMSI project? It blow up and my InstallShield application closes everytime I try and run this tool against my XML File.

ALso, when I try and and "Set element content" and set a PROPERTY to be updated via my script...my xml element is not being updated with the value. THe xml file contains MYPROPERTY
versus abcValue

Please HELP!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
bhoovi_s
Level 2

Hope you are using 'Test XML File Install Changes' to check whether the property value is updated to the xml file.

If this is what you are trying, then at design time, the value of the property may not exist and hence not working. Try building the installer and test it to see the property value reflected in the XML file.

If you feel you installer is too big to build and test this functionality, then create a small test installer to test XML File Install changes.
0 Kudos
Adamj40
Level 2

I get the same error when attempting to use the "Test XML File Install Changes..." option. The error as seen in event viewer is:
Faulting application isdev.exe, version 16.0.0.328, faulting module msvcr90.dll, version 9.0.30729.4148, fault address 0x00037256.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Any ideas?
0 Kudos