cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pissedoff
Level 3

TFS Integration

Have a solution with several different projects in it, only one being the target of the installer.

Works fine on computer A, put in all the settings I need, builds the installer packages perfectly fine.
If I checkin (on VS2012), several items still have the red "checked-out" status mark beside them, I can't seem to ever get rid of it.

And even though I can see from the TFS server that the right file IS up there, as soon as I open the solution in a different computer, ALL settings are reset, my Product / Upgrade keys, product name, etc... everything is blank again, all changes are gone.

Is there something I'm doing incorrectly?
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

Are you checking in both files? ( One is .isproj and I think the other is .isl or similar. The former is just the MSBuild project file and the latter is the actual IS source code for the project. )
0 Kudos
pissedoff
Level 3

I am, the isl is definitely checked in, it's the isproj that seems to keep checking itself out as soon as I open the solution.
0 Kudos
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

That part is messed up. Generally speaking, Flexera has it backwards in autochecking out the ISPROJ but not the ISL.

Make sure the ISL is checked out, make your changes, save the solution and check in the ISL. You should see your change show up in the build then.
0 Kudos
pissedoff
Level 3

Thanks a lot, one final part I found and got resolution.

Checking in worked just as you said, as long as I checked out the full project first, then edited and checked back in, all saved properly.
Second part, found out on machine B, the installshield proj doesn't automatically refresh, so after getting latest version, I have to close the solution and reopen it, and THEN I see all of the edits.

Thanks again.
0 Kudos