cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bencowling
Level 3

Suites & Windows Features

When you are installing Windows Features using a Suite you need to ensure that the features configured are applicable for the operating system that they are installed for. So do I have to have a seperate package with an eligibility check for each OS combination to use this? If so that would mean the final setup.exe would contain mulitple instances of the same msi that is being installed - as there would be a package for each OS?

Regards

Ben
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
DLee65
Level 13

I have successfully deployed .NET Framework using the suite / advanced ui packager.
The only eligibility condition I had was that the OS Version has to be 6.0- (Vista and newer)

For the detection condition I entered the following: (hyphens indicate level of nesting)
ANY
-None
--Registry Comparison, HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v3.5, Value Name: SP, Comparison: LessThan, Compare To: 1, Conversion: DWORD, 64-bit key: False
--None
---Registry Exists, HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v3.5, SP

I forget why I had to construct the Detection Condition with the nested 'None' conditions. However, it works.
Also, and most importantly, I could not attach this 'Windows Feature' to the .NET Framework installer. I ran into problems with testing. I had to create a simple .EXE in which I pass in a parameter to do nothing. It is just simply a 'task' to which I can attach the windows feature.

The windows features are all processed first, even prior to the task to which they are attached. So I was able to get away with using a simple C# executable.

Hopefully this helps.
0 Kudos
bencowling
Level 3

Thanks, thats what I have ended up doing.
0 Kudos