cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bencowling
Level 3

Suite & Windows Features requiring a reboot/restart

If you install a Windows Feature that requires a reboot how can you force it to do it now and then continue when it comes back up?. Looking at the Suite debuglogs I can see this message:

"Windows feature install requires a reboot, deferring reboot to end of suite install"

But there doesn't seem to be any options to change this.

FYI: I have a packages that requires one of these features in the same Suite install to install otherwise it fails (SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2)

Regards

Ben
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
DLee65
Level 13

Check your Install conditions. There is an option called 'Exit Behavior', 'Reboot Request', and 'Reboot Codes'
You have to expand the 'Install' tree for the package to see these options.
0 Kudos
bencowling
Level 3

I can't see any exit codes that are returned that I could use for this.
0 Kudos
DLee65
Level 13

What feature are you trying to enable?
For .NET Framework, I did not have to specify any exit codes, I think it handles the windows features item on its own.
I just make sure I have the task associated with an Install event that sets the property to reboot. To be safe you can enter 1641, 3010 as these are common reboot codes.

For the option of 'Reboot Request' change the setting to the appropriate selection from the drop down. I would guess you want 'Always reboot the machine'

With my current implementation the reboot request only seems to occur on Vista operating systems, and Server 2008 (not R2). I have never seen a request for reboot on any other operating system.

Hopefully this helps.
0 Kudos