cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
denguri
Level 3

Suite project Setup.exe logging

Is there any way that the logging of setup.exe installation can be automatic? I can create a batch file that does:
Setup.exe /debuglog"C:\logpath\SomeLog.log"
but I'd rather setup.exe do it on its own. Is it possible? Maybe a commandline inside a suite project? And, is the debuglog the only kind of logging of suite installation (like, maybe I can see what files it installed or removed..).
Thanks in advance.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

We have no automated way to turn on suite logging at this point in time. As for files that are installed, that is delegated to the packages that are running. While today there's no way to easily turn that on at the command line, we're looking at adding that in the future. But if it's an MSI package, you can turn it on today with the Windows Installer Logging policy.
0 Kudos
SMadden
Level 6

Hi Michael,

you said that you are looking into adding the automatic logging feature of the Suite in the future. Is there a timeline yet or a known workaround?

I tried to set the ISLogDir property to a valid path via the Suites com interface, but it didn't work. The log shows that the property was set, but maybe too late in the game? I inserted the call into the Next Action of the Welcome Dialog.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Sandra
0 Kudos