cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Suite install - dialogue rendering on Windows 8

This is a little difficult to explain so stay with me...

In my suite installer each Wizard dialogue page consists of a header, a body and a footer. The header and footer sytles have an associated 'SolidBrush' style. The body uses a 'GradientBrush'.

When each page of the dialogue is rendered on Windows 8 I've noticed the header and footer ignore my colour settings and use the default colour used by other windows. This is best illustrated in the screenshot below - the 'green' area in the screenshot below.

The green area should be white at the top and purple at the bottom which is what I've defined for the style brushes respectively.

This only occurs on Windows 8. Is there a way to force InstallShield 2012 Spring/Windows 8 to use my style settings ?

I should have mentioned I have the "Aero" format selected for the wizard. I think this might be the reason.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Not applicable

The problem goes away if the "Wizard 97" format is chosen instead of "Aero".

However I though the Wizard 97 format was selected automatically if Aero wasn't present?
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

What you're seeing here is the new Aero. In Windows 8, it no longer has the glass look, and instead has a solid color according to your user preferences. I think we'll have to make a third alternative available for the Wizard Format. Along with size Wizard97 which works the same on all operating systems, and Aero which uses Aero when available, would you like to see an option that would use Aero Glass when available, and fall back to Wizard97 otherwise (including on Windows 8)?
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Yes, a 3rd option to use Aero when available would be perfect.
0 Kudos