cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sumeet182k
Level 3

Patch installation not working

Hi All,

Please help me out for the following problem.

In my application I have two projects, one is for complete setup and other is for upgrade setup. Complete Setup includes more features than the Upgrade setup.

I have created the patch using the upgrade Project. When I ran this on the previously installed upgrade setup it was working fine. But when I tried this on previously installed complete setup it was throwing the following error message:

"The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the windows installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch."

I want my patch to be run on both complete and upgrade setup. I don't want to create two different patches for two different setups (means complete and upgrade setups).

Please give some solutions so that I can maintain single patch for both complete and upgrade setups. And also, is there any way by which we can maintain patch versions so that we can track which patch ran on which system.

Please understand my requirement and if I am doing something wrong then let me know where I am lacking.

I am waiting for your reply.

Thanks,
Sumeet Sharma
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
manomatt
Level 8

Hi,

In the Patch configuration -> go to advanced settings, under runtime setting section there is a setting called list of Target Product Codes. see the help and try to update it with the list of products codes this patch should be applied for.

See the attachment.
0 Kudos