cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scottd72
Level 7

Suite build failing

I just started trying to use the Suite project type and everytime I try to build a release it breaks "Installshield Authoring Tool has stopped working."

I'm simply trying to build a release with 2 msi packages in it. One thing to note is that my packages each include about a dozen different languages. When I include packages that only have English it will build.

I view the problem details and this is what I get. Can anyone tell what is going wrong here with this info?
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: isdev.exe
Application Version: 18.0.0.329
Application Timestamp: 4e51e7d1
Fault Module Name: IsWiBuild.dll
Fault Module Version: 18.0.0.329
Fault Module Timestamp: 4e51ed24
Exception Offset: 0023bea6
Exception Code: c0000409
Exception Data: 00000000
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 8522
Additional Information 2: 8522723f72c40777a51d6c863a2ed5b9
Additional Information 3: 62d0
Additional Information 4: 62d04ead2ba15926805dd9d2a8ae0e21
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(9) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

We just hit a reproduction case internally that sounds just like this, and we're tracking it as IOA-000067126. I'll see if I can get a hotfix posted soon. If it's easy for you to share with me either the .msi you describe, or a sample just like it, I can verify for certain that it's the same.
0 Kudos
scottd72
Level 7

Sure, I can send a zip containing a sample project to you. Where do I send it?

Just to add to my story a little, Installshield suite crashes as soon as I attempt to build every single time, even if I am only trying to build with a single multi-language package.

FWIW, I'm finding it crashing during many different scenarios, whether I'm trying to build or working in the Wizard Interface. At least for me it is very unstable at this time.

Thank you for your help.

Scott
0 Kudos
scottd72
Level 7

I've just created a simple multi-language install and attached it as a zip to this post. I verified that simply including this install into my suite project crashes Installshield when I attempt to build.
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Okay, looks like I can confirm the multi-language part should be addressed with the same pending fix. I'm less certain about these other scenarios you mention; the fix in mind will only address the build-time crash. Do you have more detail on any of these scenarios?
0 Kudos
scottd72
Level 7

Awesome!

As for the other crash issues I mentioned, I had found and installed the sp1 update yesterday. Now, when I go back to recall the other issues they appear to have been fixed.

What kind of time frame are we looking at for the hotfix to the multilanguage issue?

Thank you!
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

I'm attaching a file which should fix the reported issue. Unfortunately it's hot off the presses so I haven't even had a chance to verify that it worked for me, so definitely let me know if it doesn't help. To use it, back up your current copy of \System\ISWIBuild.dll and replace it with the one in the attached zip file. If you encounter additional problems, consider reverting to your backed up copy.
0 Kudos
scottd72
Level 7

Thanks for getting this so quickly. I am just back from a vac and have a bunch of catch up to do, so it will be a little while before I can get to testing it out. But when I do I will post my results.
0 Kudos
ncalverley
Level 3

I've just come across this exact same issue with the suite build crashing but only when including .msi packages with certain languages contained within.

After a quick search I found this thread and can confirm I've just tried this hot fix and it appears to work 🙂

Cheers
Neil.
0 Kudos
Sod1604
Level 2

Hi,

I have a similar issue when I am trying to build a msi on Installshield 2012 Spring Professional. I cannot attach the release files here because of its size.

Below are the event details that I have

Faulting application name: isdev.exe, version: 19.0.0.185, time stamp: 0x504d4b34
Faulting module name: IsWiBuild.dll, version: 19.0.0.185, time stamp: 0x504f67b5
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000d09f8
Faulting process id: 0x1874
Faulting application start time: 0x01ceaee392b243a6
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2012Spring\System\isdev.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2012Spring\System\IsWiBuild.dll
Report Id: 8ce80eed-1ad7-11e3-81d7-005056c00008

I observed that the IsWiBuild.dll attached in this thread(v18.0.0.378) is of lower version than the one in my machine(v19.0.0.185). So its of no use to me. Could you please let me know on how to overcome this issue?
0 Kudos