cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rguggisberg
Level 13

Suite Secondary Windows

I'm confused about Suite Secondary Windows. It is easy to make one and to launch it with DoModal. Then what? I can't seem to get it to take any action. It is little help to look at the default Secondary Windows because they have nothing specified for 'Property' or 'Action' for any of the buttons. What do they do?
What I am trying to do is have a pop up (for Remove) asking the user if they are sure they want to continue. I can't make the secondary window do anything. I have tried putting alternate values in Property for 'Ok' and 'Cancel', putting "SetProperty" in Action, and "SetActivePage" in action. Those things don't get me the expected behavior. I have looked through the help. A working example would be good.
Thanks!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Sounds like you just need to wire up an edit box or some radio buttons (or similar) to properties like before, and put an OK button called IDOK. (You have to use names/IDs like IDOK, IDCANCEL, etc., on buttons to close secondary windows.)
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

You were right Michael! I did not have any radio buttons. Was just going to use OK or cancel. That was easy.
Thanks.
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

So I added Radio Buttons for:
No - Property IsInstallMode==
Yes - Property IsInstallMode==remove
That works ok.... unless the user selects Yes and then No. It proceeds with the remove anyway in that case.
I also tried
IsInstallMode==0
With the same results.
Any ideas?
Thanks
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

I guess I don't understand why you're not using the provided wizard page for this. IsInstallMode reflects a mostly read-only state, and once this is changed from the one mutable state, I'm not sure there's any going back.
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

I am using the supplied wizard page... I just wanted to add a simple "Are You Sure?" pop up before proceeding to remove all the packages.
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

I'll have to think about this more, but it sounds like what you've described would ideally work. Maybe you can make it work by using a page instead of a dialog for your confirmation screen.

The other option I can think of would be some sort of MessageBox action followed by an Install action. But you can't currently use the results of the MessageBox to conditionally prevent the Install, so this won't really do it either.
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

Michael,
Good idea! Using a Page instead of a Secondary Window works fine.
Thanks.
0 Kudos