cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rguggisberg
Level 13

Suite Question for Flexera

I have 5 Basic MSI packages and a 3rd party msi package that are part of my suite. All appear in my feature selection tree. The 3rd party party package is not installed by default. I have checked 'No' for Move, Repair, and Modify for it because once the 3rd party package is installed I don't want the user to mess with it because of license revocation complications. OK... so all is well and good so far.
No suppose I have some of my packages and the 3rd party package installed and I remove the suite. My packages are all removed, but the 3rd party package remains... exactly what I wanted. Here's the kicker... if I execute the suite Setup.exe again it immediately goes to Maintenance mode because the 3rd party package isinstalled and it is part of the suite!
Is there any way that I can have the suite ignore the 3rd party package when it is determining which mode to start in? I suppose it would be nice if Flexera could make the suite do this if the package has Move, Repair, and Modify set to NO.
Thanks for any insight.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

Did you try selecting Dependency for the third-party package's Package Type setting? It sounds like it's set to Primary.

The presence or abscense of dependency packages does not play a role in determining whether the Suite installation runs as a first-time installation or in maintenance mode.
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

Thanks Debbie.... that does it!
With the 3rd party 'Package Type' set to 'Dependency' it goes into first time install as I want.
One minor observation... is that if I go to 'Custom', the 3rd party package is not checked in the feature selection tree, whereas if one of my packages is installed so that it does go to maintenance mode, the 3rd party package IS selected in the feature selection tree.... a bit nit picky I guess 🙂
Thanks Much!
0 Kudos