cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Johannes_John
Level 7

Suite - Operations, Target

Hello,

is it the sense of the different packages, that in a Windows Installer package in all four operations only a MSI file can be selected as target?
Or in an Executable Package in all four operations only an EXE file can be started?

Regards
Johannes
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Yes, that's basically true. Each package type only knows how to start its type of file. Only an MSI package knows how to get MSI progress, for example. I think the EXE package is a little more flexible, and can also start any document file with an Open verb (think double-click), but I would generally suggest not relying on this verb.
0 Kudos
Johannes_John
Level 7

My wish:
I would like to have the conveniences of a msi condition/eligibility and the posibility of multiple targets in the operations.
Regards
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Are you saying you'd like to conditionally remove a package, and, furthermore, you'd like to have several different removal strategies (command-lines or whatever) that would each be considered? I don't understand what this would get you -- that is what you are trying to make possible that isn't. If I knew that, perhaps I might suggest a better way to formulate it. (For instance, the entire command line might be stored in a property that you can tweak.)
0 Kudos
Johannes_John
Level 7

Hello!
The installation could be a setup.exe ( e.g. ISScript or what else... ).
The repair, modify and remove could be the current productcode from the msi.
And it's not usable to update the new productcode after each mastermake run.

Regards
Johannes
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

I agree that it is a pain (and error prone process) to have to update all those occurrences of product codes (Repair, Remove, Modify) for each package.
0 Kudos