cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DLee65
Level 13

Suite: How to check for silent install as a property condition

I have an event that I would like to have execute ONLY if the setup is running in silent mode. I am looking in the log file for something that I can check to evaluate this but have not seen anything. It does not appear that the command line is a property that I can evaluate, because if it were then I could check to see if it contains the word silent.

Is there anything else I can do?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
DLee65
Level 13

I solved this issue by using the UI to set a custom property, FULLUIMODE. Now I can test if this property is not equal to an empty value. For the Install Welcome dialog and the Maintenance Welcome dialog Entering event I set the property to true.
0 Kudos
Not applicable

For future reference you might want to take a look at the suite property ISSilentInstall. If the Advanced UI or Suite/Advanced UI installation is running silently (without a user interface), this property is set to True.

It works successfully for me.
0 Kudos
DLee65
Level 13

Thank you, I will give this a shot. I had searched through the log file for 'silent' but notepad did not find it other than in the command line argument, but perhaps it is not logged.

For future reference, the log file will not report this value. However, InstallShield documents the property value.
http://helpnet.installshield.com/installshield22helplib/helplibrary/SuitePropRef.htm#workingwithwininstallerprop_3361780014_1036407

Hopefully this helps someone else.
0 Kudos