cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lcarrere
Level 3

Still unable to create condition for .NET framework

Hi there !

I am felling desperate with Install-shield...
I was using InstallShield Express before going to the Pro version. Now all is so complicated...

I am trying to add a SIMPLE condition for a feature installation in my project.

I just want to :

- Disable a group feature if the framework 4.0 is not installed
- Disable a group feature if the framework 3.5 is not installed
- Disable a group feature if the framework 3.0 is not installed
- Disable a group feature if the framework 2.0 is not installed

I made lot of test since 10 hours, I read all forum post but I am not clever enough to understand how to manage this with IS. It was working like a charm with IS Express but the pro version I am unable to get it working.

So, if someone could help me with this so stupid issue it should be wonderful.

IE for .NET 2.0 condition I tried:

DOTNETVERSION20="#1"
NOT DOTNETVERSION20="#1"
DOTNETVERSION20<>""
.. and so many other configuration...

Thank you very much for your attention.

Loïc
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
Not applicable

My package works fine with this condition (for .NET 2.0):

DOTNETVERSION20SP1>="#1"

I have no idea why 'SP1', but it was generated like that by the Project Assistant...

Hope it helps.
0 Kudos
lcarrere
Level 3

Thank you very much.
I will try it now...

Cheers,

Loïc
0 Kudos
lcarrere
Level 3

That's crazy...
I used the assistant to require all Framework and when I try to install the app on a computer with only 1.0 frameworks the app is installed...

I contacted Flexera support to sumbit this issue (I just acquired IS 2011 Pro) and the answer was:

"Our records indicate that you do not have a valid Flexera Software
maintenance plan. A valid maintenance plan is required to receive
technical support. As a result, we are unable to issue you an eService
login at this moment.

To purchase a maintenance plan, please contact a sales consultant."

I will move to another company I will ask for a charge-back.

Anyway, thank you...
0 Kudos
Reureu
Level 10

Just a few points:

• As you are working with IS 2011, you might want to post in the appropriate forum.
  • It might also be a good idea to say what type of project you are working on.
  • As for the maintenance plan, I agree with you: paying to get support after already paying a fortune for the tool is simply a rip off!
    I am not convinced that this is a good business model, especially on a market where free tools are starting to get very competitive.
0 Kudos
lcarrere
Level 3

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion.

However I will leave this forum for etiquette reasons.

I lost 2 days of work to go to the conclusion that it was a stupid bug of IS 2011. IS 2010 was OK with this issue. And I must pay first a support plan to declare a problem !!

Also, IS 2011 appears very unstable to me: lot of bugs, totally unproductive and a 30 MB compiled setup by IS 2010 project became 35 MB with the "new" version...

I asked for a refund but I don't expect any answer since there is no way to contact a sales department after a purchase ! There is no customer respect in this company, it is my humble opinion. I was stupid enough to think that I gave so many dollars to Flexera to get stable and supported product. I realize it was not the case...

Bye !
0 Kudos