cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JamieRudd
Level 3

StandAlone Concurrent License Error -7159

We have recently moved to IS2011 and signed up for the concurrent licensing model for the StandAlone build. I can build my first install fine, but then get the dreaded error "[exec] ISDEV : fatal error -7159: The product license has expired or has not yet been initialized."

I went through the forums and saw all the suggested fixes (make sure you build using a valid user account, etc) but none of the solutions related to my problem as my first install did build successfully.

After staring at this problem, I realized there was a problem with the concurrent licensing model itself. After the setup has been built, ISCmdBld shuts down, but the license does not get released for over a minute (closer to a minute and a half). Not a huge deal, but we have over 23 installations, this adds over 30 minutes to our build cycle. Our company has been in contact with support and they have entered and enhancement request, but no estimate on a fix time.

Just wanted to post this in case anyone else is pulling their hair out with this problem. Looks like another release with IS2009 for us until this gets fixed...:(

Jamie
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Gunsun
Level 2

We are having the same problem in InstallShield 2012. The licenses are being checked out, but they are not being returned in time.

Adding 1,5 seconds delay will make build times increase with 60 minutes per build machine for us. But since we are using several build machines (and several SAB licenses) this delay alone will not solve the problem: We will need to schedule the delays in order to build several releases on separate build machines at the same time.

Did you get any response from Flexera about this issue?
Is it possible to change release times?
Could they return the license before they close the ISCmdBld process?
0 Kudos
JamieRudd
Level 3

We were told this would be fixed in IS2012. Obviously it isn't.
We reverted back to IS2009 until this was fixed. Not happy to hear the issue still exists.
Jamie:mad:
0 Kudos
Gunsun
Level 2

The major issue is not really the release time. The problem is that the the license model adds restrictions on the number of concurrent ISCmdBld.exe processes, but it should add the restrictions on the number of concurrent machines instead.

If you are using only one machine, then only one licence should be used and all the build requests from that machine should be able to reuse that license.

I have opened a support case about the problem and hope that they find a resolution to the problem soon.
0 Kudos
JamieRudd
Level 3

Great idea. That would make a lot more sense than the model they chose to use.
I'm curious what they will tell you, as I was told it would be fixed, and it definitely was not. Hopefully they can find a resolution soon, besides the obvious one they want, spend more $$$ on licensing. I could rant further,but won't...
0 Kudos