cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MRKiscaden
Level 5

Stand alone patch build?

I have an InstallScript MSI project, where the release that is generated consists of just an .msi file. In this project I also have create a minor upgrade patch that should generate an .msp file. However I am unable to create the patch using the command line builder (ISSaBld.exe). The only way I am able to generate this patch file is with the "Build Patch" button in the Patch Designer.

Is it possible to create the corresponding patch for project from the command line? If so, how? I would like to automate patch generation for our build process.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

We don't currently have any command-line options for building a patch, but it is something that we are considering for a future release.

You may want to use the automation interface to build your patch. The BuildPatchConfiguration method lets you build a patch for a particular patch configuration. Using this method of the automation interface has the same effect as right-clicking a patch configuration in the Patch Design view and then clicking Build a Patch.

I hope that helps.

Debbie Landers
Macrovision Corporation
0 Kudos
rchand445
Level 5

I use vbscript. This example is from a project that is authored using Installshield 12.

dim pCMProject

set pCMProject = CreateObject("SAAuto12.ISWiProject")

pCMProject.OpenProject("E:\Dev\Installation\InstallerProjects\CMaster.ism")

pCMProject.BuildPatchConfiguration "Patch"
0 Kudos