cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rcurro
Level 3

Sql Server Express Installation Problems

I'm new to using Installshield and I'm working on an installer that will install SQL Server Express and then run a C# program that loads tables. I've got the installer working all the way to the C# program, but the code fails if it just installed sql server express, but it will work if I run it outside the installer. Am I missing something with Installshield that could cause the program to crash?

thanks,
Robert Curro
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Lurean
Level 8

Are you rebooting the machine after SQL express is installed but before installshield tries to run your application?

There are a lot of things that do not work right in SQL express after it is installed until after the machine is rebooted.

I assume you are using a prerequisite setting to install SQL express, you may want to make sure that the options to prevent a reboot are not being used when executing the SQL express msi. (i.e.: the /norestart option is not being used or the options for suppressing the reboot in the prerequisite definition file are not being used.)

James
0 Kudos
rcurro
Level 3

Currently I'm not rebooting the machine. Everything is done through Installscript. Is there a way to reboot the machine using Installscript?

Robert
0 Kudos