cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
david_dooner
Level 2

Specification of Installation directory

All,

I have IS 2010 Express. I build my package and generate a setup.exe file. I copy to a 2nd computer and place on desktop. It works, almost. When I click on 'setup.exe', file extraction occurs and generates my Install.msi package. I get the following message

Unable to save file: C:\Windows\Downloaded Installations\{...

where I get a dialog asking to specify folder. I specify a folder (desktop) and installation proceeds fine. My question is the following:

Where in InstallShield 2010 Express do I specify the directory for Install.msi to avoid this message?

Thank you,
David
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

In the Releases view, select the release that you are building. Then, on the Setup.exe tab, check the value of the Cache Path setting. I believe that the default value is now [LocalAppDataFolder]Downloaded Installations. In earlier versions of InstallShield, the default value was [WindowsFolder]Downloaded Installations (which is probably what you'll see in your project). If you upgrade your project from an earlier version of InstallShield Express to InstallShield 2010 Express, the value of that setting is not changed automatically.

I hope that helps.
0 Kudos
david_dooner
Level 2

Works great. Thanks.
0 Kudos