cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dperrine
Level 2

Some files are not being removed during uninstall

I created an installer using IS for one of my software programs. It installs the program files into a folder under the ProgramFilesFolder and the database into a folder under the CommanAppDataFolder. Everything works fine. The software program creates a few writable files like .ini and puts them into the same folder as the database under CommonAppDataFolder.

When the program is uninstalled the database is deleted but the folder and the ini created are NOT removed.

How can I ensure that all the dregs and miscellany created by the program during use are removed during or after uninstall?

Thanks

Dan
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
GrantK
Level 7

0 Kudos
IanBrooke
Level 5

If the program creates files then they won't be removed. The ONLY files and folders that the uninstaller will remove are those IT creates as part of the install. It won't remove the folder (even if as in this case it created it) because the ini is in there.
I would guess, although I haven't tried it, that if you actually install the ini and then simply have the program overwrite it then the uninstaller might remove it.
0 Kudos
DLee65
Level 13

I am not familiar with the Express version of InstallShield, but take and add the ini file name to the RemoveFile table. Associate it with a component that you know will be removed during uninstall and that will allow you to delete files not created by the installer.
0 Kudos
EnriqueAdatt
Level 3

If I create sessions using PT Express and mbox, can I then use PT LE 8 w/Digi 002 to open, work on and save those sessions in PT LE 8? If not, I presume I could import the individual track files from Express to LE.
Thanks
TK
0 Kudos