cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shust87
Level 3

Size of feature with associated Prerequisite is 0kb

Hi Everyone

I have Basic MSI project with 2 features - Install Product and Install Licensing Software. They are displayed during installation process and user has choices:
1) Install Product - to install my project (copy DLLs, EXEs to destination folder, register some of them,...).
2) Install Licensing Software - this feature should launch its own installation wizard (its own Setup.exe is launched) that installs Licensing Software. For this purpose I added custom prerequisite named Licensing Software and associated it with Install Licensing Software Feature in the Conditional Installation panel.

Now it works as it should be - Licensing Software installation dialog appears when I select Install Licensing Software feature and click Next button. But I have a problem: size of Licensing Software installation feature is always displayed as 0kb and this fact can confuse potential users. So my question is: why 0 kb is displayed if I have a prerequisite component associated only with this feature?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
DebbieL
Level 17

The "Calculations for Disk Space Requirements" section at the bottom of the following help topic describes this behavior.
Setup Prerequisites vs. Feature Prerequisites
0 Kudos