cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John_Nero
Level 4

Single setup.exe and msi file?

Installshield 2012 Professional

How should I use the release wizzard to get a single setup.exe and/or msi file?

In the current project I use the release wizzard to create my install files.
I selected media type CDRom, automatic, compress files and Include msi engine no.

The result was that I got:

setup.exe
setup.ini
project msi file
0x0409.ini
Data1.cab
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Not applicable

Select media type "Network Image", compress all files, check Create installation luancher(setup.exe), you will get a single setup.exe; uncheck Create installation luancher(setup.exe), you will get a single *.msi.
0 Kudos
skolte
Level 7

Set Releases > Release 1 > Build tab > 'Compression' to 'Compressed' as shown below.

0 Kudos
John_Nero
Level 4

Yep, exactly what I needed. Is there a way that I can give the setup.exe another name? (prodact name and version number)
0 Kudos
skolte
Level 7

Certainly, see the screenshot below.

Also, I think if you want the version number and product name to be appended automatically to setup.exe, I believe you can use InstallScript and use 'Objects' object which will give you access to 'Installshield project properties'.

You can pull the version number which is located on General Information tab using RegDBSetVersion, product name using IFX_PRODUCT_NAME system variable, then you might be able to assign it to the 'Setup File Name' property in or before DoInstall() event. I haven't done it but logically I think that would be possible.

Here is more information.
0 Kudos