cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peterbi
Level 7

Simple question

Hi,

What is the best way to create wraper for an installer? For example, I have an working installer (setup.exe) with UI, but I want to create a wraper (named newsetup.exe or similar) that will spawn the installer for silent installation (i.e. setup.exe /v /s).

Thanks,
Peter
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

If this is a Basic MSI project, can you use the release setting MSI Command Line Arguments (under the Setup.exe tab), entering something like /qb?
0 Kudos
peterbi
Level 7

Robert,

Thanks for your reply.

I forgot to mention that this is a InstallScript project, so /qb doesn't work for it. BTW, I also tried with a smiple Basic project, with /qb for Setup.exe cmdline, it still pop up couple of dialogs/boxes such as 'After Installation' (from WI I guess), 'Preparing to install' (from InstallShield), etc., so it's not really 'silent'. I want it to be completely UI-less.

Thanks,
Peter
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

To run an InstallScript installation silently, try the method mentioned in the following help topic:
InstallScript MSI and InstallScript Silent Installations

To run a Basic MSI Setup.exe silently, try something like this:
Setup.exe /s /v"/qn"
The /s part hides the setup launcher's UI (for example, Preparing to Install). The /qn part hides the .msi package's UI (Welcome, ReadyToInstall, etc.).

I hope that helps.
0 Kudos