cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
warrengav1
Level 2

Silent install of vendor product (help i'm a newbie)

Hi I'm using a product that requires progress 10.1A to run and at present Progress do not offer a silent install option so it means manually installing on hundreds of PC's :mad:

I was under the impression that i could use install sheild to create an MSI package that could install the product and enter all the options that i need. I have never used install sheild before and was hoping if someone has done this could either help me out or point me at some articles or something i'm getting desperate.

Thanks in advance
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
jedimaster_mark
Level 7

You don't need to re-author the package. There are several options available to you, depending on what the original installer is. If it's an MSI, do an administrative install on a network server. Then push out that deployment. The install options would already be set, so the user wouldn't change anything.

If not, you could still deploy the install via Active Directory. It might be interactive, but you could simply tell the users what to click, etc.

If you really feel that this isn't an option, and you don't see yourself using InstallShield much in the future, then your easiest route my be to use InstallShield Repackager to create an MSI from monitoring the system when you install. It would probably be the fastest option.
0 Kudos