cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hallen
Level 2

Silent install error on Linux

I am getting the follwing error when trying to silent install a product on a Linux machine. I am using ISMP 11.5. JDK version is JDK 1.4.2_13.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

ServiceException: (error code = 200; severity = 0; exception = [java.lang.NullPointerException])
at com.installshield.wizard.service.LocalImplementorProxy.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.service.AbstractService.invokeImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.registry.GenericRegistryService.initializeLocalPersistedVariables(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.initializeLocalPersistedVariables(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.loadProductTree(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.getProductTree(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.initializeGlobalVariables(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
at com.installshield.wizard.service.LocalImplementorProxy.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.service.AbstractService.invokeImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.GenericProductService.initializeGlobalVariables(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.database.runtime.impl.ISDatabaseImpl.initialize(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.database.runtime.impl.ISDatabaseImpl.getVariable(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.commandline.DatabaseVariablePropertiesOption.execute(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.Wizard.executeStartupBeans(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.Wizard$RunThread.run(Unknown Source)
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
enanrum
Level 9

It looks like it's having a problem writing to the VPD! Do you have permissions to write to the home directory?

Look in the Home dir and see if there is an ./InstallShield directory there, I do not know if you have installed other products with MP, but if you have, you can try to move the IS directory so IS_bak and try rerunning!

Or - you can try putting the VPD somewhere else using the '-vpd /new/location'

Let me know if this helps!

Regards,
Tom
0 Kudos
Perucho
Level 2

0 Kudos