chrisfox2385
Flexera beginner

SigningHelper: error 0x80070056 while attempting to sign file

Hello,

Received an updated .pfx before it expired.  The new file was dropped and replaced the existing .pfx file.  No settings in the .ism file were changed.

The project failed to build giving the following:

SigningHelper: error 0x80070056 while attempting to sign file
ISDEV : error -1027: Failed signing E51.tmp

Was wondering if anyone had or where I could find more information about what: SigningHelper: error 0x80070056 means? 

Some information:
Using InstallShield 2020 R1
version 26
Signature Digest is set to: 'Based on certificate hash'

Thanks,
Chris

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Revenera_Ian
Revenera
Revenera

Re: SigningHelper: error 0x80070056 while attempting to sign file

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your post.

Does this issue occur on more than one build machine? Or so far, only this single build machine?

Does this issue occur every time? Sometimes? Or only this one time?

Does this issue occur with all projects? Some projects? Or only this one project? Even a new test project?

I didn't quite follow: Did you already renew your digital certificate? On which date does your current digital certificate expire?

To confirm, have you tried all the previous suggestions on this thread (https://community.flexera.com/t5/InstallShield-Forum/SigningHelper-error-0x80072efe-while-attempting...)? The troubleshooting may be similar.

Could you please provide a verbose build log that captures the issue?

Here is a link to documentation about how to generate a verbose build log:

https://community.flexera.com/t5/InstallShield-Knowledge-Base/Verbosely-Log-a-Command-Line-Build/ta-...

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Frequent contributor

Re: SigningHelper: error 0x80070056 while attempting to sign file

You probably need to replace the password on the Signing tab of the releases view for the new certificate.

0 Kudos