cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
petewalburn
Level 3

Sign setup using Symantec Extended Validation Code Signing

Hi

I have recently had to upgrade my digital certificate to an Extended Validation certificate. How can I sign the Release in Installshield 2013 Express? In the Signing tab, the Digital Certificate File wants a .pfx or .spc file to be selected. I no longer have this type of file. The certificate is installed in the Certificate Store. I can export the certificate from here to give me a file, but the options are .CER or .P7B file extensions. The .PFX option is greyed-out.

Any help is much appreciated.

Pete
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
remacg
Level 2

Exact same issue here. How is there not better support for EV code signing certs now that Microsoft effectively requires them?!

petewalburn wrote:
Hi

I have recently had to upgrade my digital certificate to an Extended Validation certificate. How can I sign the Release in Installshield 2013 Express? In the Signing tab, the Digital Certificate File wants a .pfx or .spc file to be selected. I no longer have this type of file. The certificate is installed in the Certificate Store. I can export the certificate from here to give me a file, but the options are .CER or .P7B file extensions. The .PFX option is greyed-out.

Any help is much appreciated.

Pete
0 Kudos