cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
neotec
Level 3

Shortcuts not removed

When uninstalling, shortcuts are not removed, BUT ONLY when another version of the product is installed, in other words, chose not to do a major upgrade (set PREVIOUSVERSIONSINSTALLED="").

Project was upgraded from IS11, the desktop shortcut is linked to a component with no file, just used for user selected condition. Program menu directory contains shortcuts to components with files in INSTALLDIR. All of the files are removed, but INSTALLDIR itself is not, and none of those shortcuts are. All of the shorctuts are created normally, nothing special here.

Any ideas?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
DanCla
Level 5

Is the component marked as permanent?
0 Kudos
neotec
Level 3

No it's not. The components get removed, just not the shortcuts. The only thing I'm doing different is I manually set the string that contains the product name and version, this is used in both the start menu program directory name and the desktop name. I also change INSTALLDIR in the files view.

Even if there was an issue there, why is this only happening if another version exists?
0 Kudos
lasiewicz
Level 6

I ran in to a simular situation. All I needed was a reboot to get rid of them.
REBOOT=FORCE
0 Kudos
neotec
Level 3

Unfortunately, that's not it. I am at a loss, I've tried everything. Looks like I'll need to find the best way to manually remove these.
0 Kudos