cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gfroud
Level 2

Shortcut Working Directory AppDataFolder

I have configured my installation to set the Working Directory of a shortcut to [AppDataFolder]. The installation installs for ALLUSERS. Unfortunately, this sets the working directory of the shortcut to be the AppData folder of the user that installed the app NOT the user that is running the app. Am I doing something stupid? I want my app to have a working directory of the AppData folder of the user that is running the program. How do I do that?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
skolte
Level 7

Not sure how much this info is helpful but looking at this link it seems you might be able to use 'LocalAppDataFolder'.

However AppDataFolder should also give current user's app data folder path which maps to environment path variable %appdata% i.e. when I ran %appdata% in Start > Run on my PC, it showed me current user's Roaming folder on Win 7 e.g.C:\Users\SK\AppData\Roaming.
0 Kudos
gfroud
Level 2

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, LocalAppDataFolder suffers the same problem, the difference being that it maps to AppData\Local rather than AppData\Roaming. It looks like InstallShield evaluates the path at install time rather than configuring the path as %appdata%. I tried using %appdata% directly but throws an error during the install.

I still have no solution to this problem.

This seems like such an obvious thing to do that I assumed I was doing something stupid...
0 Kudos