cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
woosha
Level 3

Sharing INSTALLDIR and set permission everyone full

Hello,

I'm trying to share my INSTALLDIR with the promission FULL for EVERYONE.

I have tried the net share command with no luck.

I have alose tryed the diffrent installscript from http://www.installsite.org/ with the same result.

Both of this share the folder but no promission for everyone is set. With net share i alose tryed the /GRANT:Everyone,FULL but this works onlye on enlish OS.

I have googled internet and search this formum for anything usefull with no luck. Using VB script is not an option at this moment.

/Daniel
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
rrinblue22
Level 9

You can check for the components view in a basic msi project to set permissions on folders created during installation
0 Kudos
woosha
Level 3

That's for NTFS and not for the shared folder. I want to set the promission on the shared folder.
0 Kudos
Nick_Umanski
Level 7

I used a CA that launched an OS Executable "stored in the Directory table" called cacls. Formatting the CA as follows:

Working Directory: SystemFolder
Filename & Command line: cacls "[INSTALLDIR] /E /G Everyone:F

This was in a Basic MSI project, don't know if it is any different in an Installscript one. What I did find was that trying to do it through InstallShield didn't work, because it overwrote the previous set of permissions, it didn't edit them which is what the /E flag indicates.
0 Kudos
woosha
Level 3

I have tried this but it want work on a computer with a diffrent language than english (the everyone). Is there a way to use cacls.exe with SID insted?

I found out trying that this set the permission on files/folder and not on the shared folder permission.

PS! Tnx for the fast reply 🙂
0 Kudos