cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jstuardo
Level 4

Several warnings appear when building

Hello...

I have my project ready but when I build it, more than 1600 warnings appear.

Al warnings are of this type:
ISDEV : warning -3028: The string ID "IDS_ACTIONTEXT_SearchInstalled" was not found in the string table. It is referenced in the table:"ActionText" in column:"Description".

I have not modified any string table, so I don't know why such warnings appear..

Other similar warning is:
ISDEV : warning -3028: The string ID "COMPANY_NAME" was not found in the string table. It is referenced in the table:"" in column:"".

In this case, neither table nor column are specified.

Any help will be greately appreciated,

Thanks
Jaime
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
jstuardo
Level 4

I have found that I have to add English language in order to avoid such warnings. I had only selected Spanish string tables.

How can I only select Spanish language?

Regards
Jaime
0 Kudos
CHANDINATHREDDY
Level 7

Hi,
for this you have to remove the default language from English.

this you can do by right clicking on another language node under string table and select make default.
0 Kudos
jstuardo
Level 4

Hi...

Default language is set as Spanish.

In General Information, under String Tables I have set Spanish as default and then removed English. With that configuration, a lot of warnings appeared.

I have to add English node again, and those warnings were gone, but I think this is not the idea, because I only need Spanish.

Regards,
Jaime

CHANDINATHREDDY wrote:
Hi,
for this you have to remove the default language from English.

this you can do by right clicking on another language node under string table and select make default.
0 Kudos
jstuardo
Level 4

I have done the same, but in this case, unchecking English from Project Properties view and it works now, without the warnings.

Regards,
Jaime
0 Kudos
jstuardo
Level 4

This is very unstable.... and I think this is an IS bug.

As I told you, I have removed English table again from project and no more warnings appear.

Then I added a new string, and again, several warnings appear.

To solve the issue, I had to add English to the project again, locate the strings ID's in Spanish table. Export them, and then import them into English table. Finally, I removed English from the project and the warnings were gone.

This is I think IS developers should solve because it is not normal to proceed that way when a new string is added.

Best regards,
Jaime
0 Kudos