cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bigdavelamb
Level 3

SetupError Dialog - I must be an idiot

Can someone please explain to me in very simple terms how I use the SetupError Dialog? I basically wish to display an error to the user when they click a push button on my dialog if a certain condition is met.

On the push button I set the Event to be "NewDialog" and set Argument to be "SetupError", but this does not work.

Please help!

David
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
J_anitha
Level 8

Could you post the condition which you've set.
0 Kudos
bigdavelamb
Level 3

Hi

It's: &IISROOTFOLDER=""

I do not think it's the condition as such, does it expect an error number and which buttons to use as some sort of parameter. As the dialog displays an error when the dialog opens "Error 2869 The dialog SetupError has the style bit set, but is not an error dialog"
0 Kudos
J_anitha
Level 8

Try doing the following:

Goto Additional Tools->Direct Editor->Dialogs ->SetupError Dialog.
Value in Attributes column will be 65543. Set this value to 3 or 35(any of 'non-error dialog' attrib value).

This displays the SetupError dialog, and now you will have to change the behaviour for Retry button on SetupError dialog to New Dialog or Exit, as per your requirement.

Cheers,
Anitha
0 Kudos
bigdavelamb
Level 3

Hi

Thanks for your response.
I have followed your instructions and I now get a different error. On error my dialog box displays, it has one button that is labelled 'Retry' as soon as hover over it the text changes to 'Yes', when I then click this button it displays a new dialog with the following message:

Error 2856.Creating a second copy of the dialog SetupError.

Any ideas? It's not exactly intuitive this error messaging!

Thanks

David
0 Kudos
J_anitha
Level 8

Yeah, I had mentioned the same in my post.
For this, you'll have to change the behaviour for Retry button on SetupError dialog to New Dialog or Exit, as you need.
0 Kudos
CiaranT
Level 2

I've just been round the houses trying exactly the same thing.... turns out the "is not an error dialog" is the slightly cryptic way of letting us know the dialog is incomplete as it doesn't have an error message to display.

Rather than modifying the standard dialog box, you should just create a new error custom action (type 19), give it the required error message, then set the event to be a 'DoAction' that points to the CA.

Cheers
Ciaran
0 Kudos