cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnadams41
Level 2

Setup quits early because ".NET Framework 4.0 Full package" needs to be installed

I've just built my first SETUP using the InstallShield Limited Edition 2010 (Evaluation mode) within VStudio 2010. My application is an Outlook Add-In built to target Outlook 2007 and naturally it runs on my development PC (same VStudio solution contains this Setup (Installshield LE) project.

I think I built the ISLE project correctly and I copied the resulting SETUP.EXE to a network drive for installation on my first deployment PC.

When running SETUP built by ISLE, I get the following fatal message box from the installer:

"Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Full package or greater needs to be installed for this installation to continue" - OK

Where is this "dependency" being detected?

Control Panel on my development PC shows that the following are already installed:
.Net Framework 4 Client Profile
.Net Framework 4 Extended

In short, my development machine does not "need" .NET Framework "full" for my app to work. Why does ISLE think "Full" needs to be deployed? How can I make it "redistribute" just the above components of the .NET Framework that are already present and installed on the development PC?

Moreover, in chasing this problem, I click "Redistributables" and ISLE shows "Needs to be downloaded" for .NET Framework 4.0 Client. Strange, since it is clearly on my development PC where ISLE is running.

Can someone help me on this? Thanks.
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Madusree
Level 7

Hi,

Could you kindly let me know if In Project Assistant, Installation requirements has "Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Full package" checked?

Also with regards to Redistributables when ISLE shows "Needs to be downloaded", do you encounter this during the Installation in network drive?

Thanks,
Madu
0 Kudos
johnadams41
Level 2

Madusree wrote:
Hi,

Could you kindly let me know if In Project Assistant, Installation requirements has "Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Full package" checked?

Also with regards to Redistributables when ISLE shows "Needs to be downloaded", do you encounter this during the Installation in network drive?

Thanks,
Madu

Thanks. I found the mistake. While my actual app did not need the FULL framework, apparently a dependent DLL (log4net.dll) DOES need the FULL framework. So I changed things a bit and now the FULL package is indeed checked. I have more problems though...will open a new thread with better title.
0 Kudos