cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saji
Level 2

Setup.isl File is not working ( ISEXP : warning : -7235)

Hi,

I installed InstallShiedl2013 and made a project for one of my WPF project.
I got two warnings as below

1) ISEXP : warning : -7235: InstallShield could not create the software identification tag because the Tag Creator ID setting in the General Information view is empty.
2) ISEXP : warning : -6245: One or more of the project's components contain .NET properties that require the .NET Framework. It is recommended that the release include the .NET Framework.

Except these two warnings everything seems ok. Now, the output file setup.isl is not showing the icon, and while double click the same it asking to select a program to open the file instead of running the installer.

What would be the problem? I did the same way as the demo video shows in your website!

Please give me a solution.

Thanks in advance,
Saji
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
JohnTech
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

It sounds like the file lost its association with the application.

You should be able to right click on the file and "open with" and select Visual Studio and it should open as expected.
0 Kudos
jlynch11
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Assuming your aren't creating a software ID tag, you could resolve the -7235 warning by going to general information and selecting "no" for the setting "Use Software Identification Tag".
Warning 6245 is known to occur if at a component in your project contains .NET properties, but the .NET Framework has not been installed. You may be able to resolve this warning by including the .net framework in your install.
0 Kudos