cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdhorda
Level 3

Setup.exe launcher doesn't show Unicode characters correctly

Hello,

I have a Basic MSI project and I'm using the Unicode setup launcher to display a drop down list of languages for the user to select. For some reason, the drop down list doesn't display Russian and Korean characters correctly, it just shows vertical black bars. The text I'm actually using is 한국어 and Русский for Korean and Russian respectively. The text looks ok in notepad (I have 0x0409.ini saved as a Unicode file). Is there any reason why these 2 languages shouldn't show up correctly even though they're in Unicode? Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
anilkumar_mca
Level 8

Hi,

i am also having a similar issue with Japanese.
http://community.acresso.com/showthread.php?t=185991&highlight=multilingual
0 Kudos
DLee65
Level 13

Sounds like the code page issue documented for IS2009. Do a search for IS2009 Code Page in the knowledge base, I think you will find information there.

(note I am responding on old memory here) 😄
0 Kudos
mdhorda
Level 3

I could not find any relevant KB article regarding code page issues in IS2009. Do you mean the fact that until 2009, IS did not support Unicode text in the setup launcher dialog?
0 Kudos
DLee65
Level 13

Let me see if I can find the link, I know that there was a bug with the Unicode pages somewhere for IS2009 that relates to what you are doing. I just cannot remember the particulars.
0 Kudos
DLee65
Level 13

Hmm, I am not finding documentation either ... My memory is faulty here. All I can remember is that I have read where others have had problems loading code pages, but for the life of me I cannot turn up a single document in my searches in the knowledge base. I will continue to look though. 😞
0 Kudos
mdhorda
Level 3

Thanks a lot for your help! In my case, I'm not really trying to load a code page though. I am just attempting to display unicode text in the language selection dialog which I believe should be displayed correctly no matter what the machine's code page is set to. The text that is displayed during installation on the main dialogs displays correctly. It's just the text that is displayed in the language selection dialog that renders incorrectly.
0 Kudos