cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
magne_larsen
Level 3

Setup an deployment template missing after installing.

I have get a e-mail with downloading url and ran the installation of the "InstallShield Limited Edition" . But after restarting the computer and visual studio 2013 the template missing under Other Project Types. How can I fix this?

Regards Magne Larsen
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
JohnTech
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

You may want to try repairing the installation via 'Programs and Features' in the Control Panel or an uninstall/re-install should resolve the issue as well.
0 Kudos
magne_larsen
Level 3

Hi!
I have uninstalled and installed again. After restarting computer the template still missing under "Other Project Types". Is the InstallShield2015LimitedEdition.exe the rigth one for Visual Studio 2013.
0 Kudos
JohnTech
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

What edition of Visual Studio 2013 are you using ?

InstallShield Limited Edition for Visual Studio is included with Visual Studio 2010 and higher versions.
InstallShield Limited Edition for Visual Studio supports Visual Studio Professional, Premium and Ultimate editions.

If you meet the requirements above, you can attempt to flush the template cache

Navigate to the folder below
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE>

In a command prompt, execute the following:
devenv /installvstemplates

Once the process completes you can Launch Visual Studio and you should then see your missing templates.
0 Kudos
magne_larsen
Level 3

I have tried the command, but still can not find the template.
My Visual Studion information:
Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2013
Version 12.0.31101.00 Update 4
Microsoft .NET Framework
Version 4.6.01055

Installed Version: Professional.
0 Kudos
JohnTech
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

It looks like you provided the information from the Help > About screen from Visual Studio but it suggests that you have the free Community edition which InstallShield Limited Edition is not supported on which may explain why you are unable to see the project template.

You should be able to confirm this by going to Programs and Features in Windows Control Panel and looking for "Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2013 with Update 4" and the Limited Edition WILL NOT work with this version

The Professional edition would be listed as "Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2013" and the Limited Edition WILL work with this edition.

You may want to confirm your licensing with Microsoft if you think that it is incorrect.
0 Kudos