cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
selwynreynolds
Level 7

Setup Prerequisites

I upgraded from InstallShield 2009 to InstallShield 2010 last week. I downloaded the 2010 InstallScript files (InstallShield 2010 Prerequisites, InstallShield 2010 Prerequisites for .NET, InstallShield 2010 InstallScript Legacy Objects,InstallShield 2010 InstallScript Objects, etc...)

i upgraded a 2009 MSI/InstallScript project to 2010. I had several prerequisites (MDAC 2.8, Windows Installer 4.5). I would get errors building the installs concerning these files even after I ran the installers for the above files. I opened the .prq files and found the location of the files necessary. They listed the ISProductFolder in the path of the file. I found the correct folders and files under Program Files\InstallShield\2009\SetupPrerequisites. I copied them into Program Files\InstallShield\2010\SetupPrerequisites and the 2010 project finally built successfully.

Does the 2010 installs for the files downloaded from http://www.acresso.com/downloads/downloads_5842.htm copy files to the 2009 tree? Just asking as someone else may have this problem.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
SherylSikora
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

The setups allow you to choose the install location during the install. They run a system search to try to find an existing IS install to pre-populate the install location, but it is possible that it grabbed the wrong folder.
(If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
0 Kudos