cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hgarcia
Level 3

Setup Prerequisites .Net Framework required to call .dll

Hi guys,

I am new to this forum and to InstallShield. I am creating a Installscript project using InstallShield 2009 Premiere that requires me to call a .dll in the middle of OnFirstUIBefore(). To do this I need to check and if not installed then install the .Net Framework 2.0 before OnFirstUIBefore(). Therefore I was thinking I could install it using the Tools > Prerequisite Editor option. But I cannot figure what to do to get the Prerequisites to be called before OnFirstUIBefore(). Any ideas? Any help would be really appreciated. :confused:

thanks!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Prerequisites are currently only available for Windows Installer based project types, including Basic MSI and InstallScript MSI, but not InstallScript. If you're using one of the former, go to the redistributables view (in the Installation Designer tab); if not, and you're not too invested in your InstallScript project, consider changing project types. If you are heavily invested, there should be a .NET object available for download via Tools > Check for Updates, which can be used with InstallScript projects.
0 Kudos
hgarcia
Level 3

I ended up using CallAppAndWait() function to call the .Net executable. Thank you
0 Kudos