cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
madiganz
Level 3

Setting Action Text for Chained Msi

Currently, my chained msi always appears behind my main msi. This may cause the user to not know that anything is actually happening.

I have done some reason into a fix for this and it appears that it is a windows installer problem and that there is no real fix for it.

In order to inform the user that a second installer has been launched, I would like to display text in the SetupProgress dialog. I have tried to add actiontext (added one for ISChainPackagePrepare) and I did not see anything.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
rguggisberg
Level 13

I had a similar problem with my Suite install. Take a look at this post
https://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?220107-Bring-Suite-Window-to-Front&highlight=
0 Kudos
madiganz
Level 3

Thank you for your reply. I am not sure that solutions applies to my problem because I am using a Basic MSI.
I must have forgotten to clarify this when describing my problem. My apologies.
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

You can still modify the Custom Action to fit your needs and get the same functionality.
0 Kudos
madiganz
Level 3

It is not a custom action that launches the 2nd msi. It is run as a chained msi, which I believe uses Installshields dlls
0 Kudos
Ingo_Hoeg
Level 3

Hello madiganz, did you have found a solution for this problem, because i have the same problem but haven't found a solution yet Thanks
0 Kudos