cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
madiganz
Pilgrim

Setting Action Text for Chained Msi

Currently, my chained msi always appears behind my main msi. This may cause the user to not know that anything is actually happening.

I have done some reason into a fix for this and it appears that it is a windows installer problem and that there is no real fix for it.

In order to inform the user that a second installer has been launched, I would like to display text in the SetupProgress dialog. I have tried to add actiontext (added one for ISChainPackagePrepare) and I did not see anything.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks
Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
rguggisberg
Active participant

Re: Setting Action Text for Chained Msi

I had a similar problem with my Suite install. Take a look at this post
https://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?220107-Bring-Suite-Window-to-Front&highlight=
0 Kudos
madiganz
Pilgrim

Thank you for your reply. I am not sure that solutions applies to my problem because I am using a Basic MSI.
I must have forgotten to clarify this when describing my problem. My apologies.
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Active participant

You can still modify the Custom Action to fit your needs and get the same functionality.
0 Kudos
madiganz
Pilgrim

It is not a custom action that launches the 2nd msi. It is run as a chained msi, which I believe uses Installshields dlls
0 Kudos
Ingo_Hoeg
Flexera beginner

Hello madiganz, did you have found a solution for this problem, because i have the same problem but haven't found a solution yet Thanks
0 Kudos