cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
esiemiat
Level 9

Service Pack 2 - SAB

I received the update notification for SP2 today so I downloaded and updated my development machine. However, I can't seem to find an updated SAB setup. The KB says to run the software update manager, which I did, but the download listed gives me the same setup that I downloaded for SP1. I did a binary comparison the files to verify this.

Where can I get the SAB SP2 install?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(18) Replies
Holger_G
Level 10

I need that too.
0 Kudos
Sascha_M_
Level 3

Where is the KB for Service Pack 2?
0 Kudos
tommex
Level 4

i also need it...
0 Kudos
IlkkaV
Level 7

Sascha M. wrote:
Where is the KB for Service Pack 2?

http://kb.acresso.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=Q200272&sliceId=1&docTypeID=DT_INFO_1_1&dialogID=29082457&stateId=0%200%2029080272

However, as esiemiat said, the method for updating Standalone Build does not work. I ran the update manager, but got the same old 15.0.0.533 version.
0 Kudos
tommex
Level 4

if i want to download it, i get the acresso "Can't be Found (Error 404)"-page...
0 Kudos
esiemiat
Level 9

Just got off the phone with support and was told that the download is correct and no changes have been made to the SAB for SP2. I guess the KB was incorrect, there is no update fo the SAB.
0 Kudos
IlkkaV
Level 7

esiemiat wrote:
Just got off the phone with support and was told that the download is correct and no changes have been made to the SAB for SP2. I guess the KB was incorrect, there is no update fo the SAB.

Thanks for the information. I just find it strange that the SAB component was not updated so that applying a separate hotfix (http://community.installshield.com/showthread.php?t=183136) is still required for SAB while not for IS 2009 itself anymore. Keeping the IDE and the SAB out of sync is downright counterproductive as it slows down bug identification/fixing since our official build environment with SAB can end up producing different packages compared to my workstation with IS 2009 IDE.
0 Kudos
Holger_G
Level 10

IlkkaV wrote:
Thanks for the information. I just find it strange that the SAB component was not updated so that applying a separate hotfix (http://community.installshield.com/showthread.php?t=183136) is still required for SAB while not for IS 2009 itself anymore. Keeping the IDE and the SAB out of sync is downright counterproductive as it slows down bug identification/fixing since our official build environment with SAB can end up producing different packages compared to my workstation with IS 2009 IDE.

I agree, it´s very complicated to get both in sync. Sometimes it´s a Service Pack Update and a complete new Standalone setup, then it´s a simple hotfix that must be applied manually.
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

The Standalone Build is being updated for SP2. It is currently being tested. Although I can't make any promises about a release date, we hope to make it available soon.

Debbie Landers
Acresso Software
0 Kudos
esiemiat
Level 9

Thank you for the update. Can you post back here when it becomes available? Also, someone should let support know so they give out the correct information.
0 Kudos
SherylSikora
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

The StandAlone Build SP2 is now available. You can access the install by checking for updates from your InstallShield IDE.

You will need to uninstall your original SAB installation before you run the new SAB SP2 setup on your system.
(If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
0 Kudos
esiemiat
Level 9

Thank you for the update.
0 Kudos
MNSwiftOne
Level 4

SherylSikora wrote:
The StandAlone Build SP2 is now available. You can access the install by checking for updates from your InstallShield IDE.

You will need to uninstall your original SAB installation before you run the new SAB SP2 setup on your system.

Can you provide a link, knowledgebase article with link or other method to obtain the update?

Attempting 'check for updates' from within 2009 Pro SP2 (update already installed) reports:
"The Software Manager did not find updates for your application".

Start, Program Files, Software Updates - reports 0 for all areas...

I DO NOT have the standalone installed on the same machines as the full version - it is on a separate build machine - there is NO Software Updates option on that machine.

Thanks,
Todd
0 Kudos
SMadden
Level 6

I second the request for the SAB download link. Or at least a fix for the Update Manager.

IS2009 SP2 is already installeds on my dev system and I also can't get the SP2 SAB.

The Software Manager only offers the 2009 SAB of May 12th, which I downloaded back in May. When I try to download that one again, I get a runtime error.

A runtime error has occured. Do you wish to Debug?

Line: 365
Error: 'nonbasketinthebasket' is undefined

-Sandra
0 Kudos
esiemiat
Level 9

Ihad the same problem, but then I remember that I hid the udpate. Although the update still shows as the original SAB, it will download the new file.
0 Kudos
MNSwiftOne
Level 4

esiemiat wrote:
Ihad the same problem, but then I remember that I hid the udpate. Although the update still shows as the original SAB, it will download the new file.

As stated in my post - I do not have the standalone on the same machine as the dev environment and/or do not have a Software Manager option on the machine containing the standalone build...
I was never offered the standalone - Thinking about it - I bet Premier customers are offered the standalone as part of the update manager as it is included in the Premier package? You must be a Premier customer.

We are a Legacy Professional customer. We have had an ongoing maintenance agreement since IS 7 and all builds are not done on the development machine - so we need the standalone as I hope it continues to be offered to legacy customers.

I am having numerous build problems at this time - hopefully not related to doing the dev on SP2 and building on standalone SP1... ???

Hopefully IS will hurry and publish a link - really hate to always bother our rep.
0 Kudos
SMadden
Level 6

Regarding my problem with runtime error when trying to download the SAB SP2.

Someone from the Acresso Support left me a voice mail with the tip that I might have a locked file from a previous SDK install that causes the 'nonbasketinthebasket' error.

Seems he was right. After I rebooted the machine and tried again, the SAB SP2 installer downloaded successfully.

Thanks!

Sandra
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

The InstallShield 2009 SP2 KB article now has instructions on how to obtain the updated Standalone Build if you're using the Professional edition:
http://kb.acresso.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=Q200272

Debbie Landers
Acresso Software
0 Kudos